Sew Dots - you smashed it!

Sewists! Enormous thanks and massive high fives to you! With your usual energy and verve you got stuck right into the 'Sew Dots, Raise Lots' challenge and donated a massive £781.29 to the RNIB. It's a mighty amount - with Gift Aid it's actually £898 - and you should all feel so proud of yourselves. The money will go to RNIB to help them deliver essential services for people experiencing sight loss. Part of RNIBs mission is to spread the word that they exist, so that they can reach the people that need them, and you have helped to do that throughout October. Between us, we reached 39,773 people through our #sewdots posts on social media. That means more than thirty nine thousand individuals became aware of the #sewdots challenge and hopefully it's purpose. This is wonderful evidence of collective power, and I thank you so much for being part of this.

RNIB have made a great video of people talking about their experiences of sight loss, to tackle some of the assumptions that exist around blindness. Please do watch or listen and share!


Without further ado, I'd like to announce that the randomly selected winner of the grand sewing prize is Linda Hinds with her beautiful dotty Karen Drape Dress. Yaaaaaaaay Linda! I haven't been able to get hold of Linda to let her know about her awesome luck, so if anyone knows where she can be found apart from Instagram please tell me, or tell her!


I am so glad that I handed over the choosing of a winner to a computer, which thankfully as of this day have no emotions. I wouldn't have been able to personally select a winner as every single entry into Sew Dots was absolutely amazing. I was pretty much glued to my phone for the whole month making yelps of amazement and joy when another incredible creation popped up. I spent the evening of October 31st in the cinema and I did have to keep sneaking off to the toilet so I could make yelps of amazement and joy in private!

Anyway, you are all great. Here's just a small selection of some of the amazing things you made displaying a huge diversity of dottiness.

There was innovative mixing of large and small dots from Gabby at Gabberdashery who used this cool print to make a Tilly & The Buttons Coco dress that has a distinct 1920s feel in my mind...


... and from Sheona at Sew Shesho.



There were simple monochrome dots...


...cute blue dots...


... smart dots...


...turquoise dots...


... dots from head to toe from Kath Webber, who I believe can normally be found behind crochet needles rather than a sewing machine...


... possibly the cutest dotty dress in the world from Lisa at Tiniest Stitcher...


...dots on a Peter Pan collar from Jenny at The Wardrobe Architect (who actually made an awesome dotty dress too)...


... vintage dots!! Oh WOW!...


...dots that look both high fashion and extremely comfortable from Amelia at Thrift Make Sew...


... a typically experimental make from Melissa at Fehr Trade, using dots in the form of laser cut holes to make a sculptural jacket that she then wore to a Sikh wedding... 


... raised textured dots in keeping with the theme of Braille, from Victoria at Pocket For Sweets...



... and from Sam at Sew McRazy...


... hand painted dots from Kate at Sewing With Kate. She turned plain fabric from her stash into dotty fabric and donated the money she would otherwise have spent on buying fabric. What a gerat idea.


There were double dots from Mady at The Wardrobe Project...


... and finally beautiful intergalactic dots from Dominique Major.


Big dotty thanks to all of you for getting the dots out and being so bloody brilliant! Who'd be up for sewing dots and raising lots again next October? Let me know if you think that is either a bad or good idea in the comments below!

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!

Rosie xx


Comments


  1. I really admire the valuable information you offer in your blog. I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Your efforts are really appreciable.
    I work as a Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger. Over the recent past, I’ve contributed guest articles to several niche industry blogs. I understand the need for unique and well-researched content. And I’m also very passionate about any topic or subject that I write about.
    Please have a look at some of my recently published blog over "Fashion Trends 2017 ?"

    Fashion trends 2017

    trending outfit

    Regards,
    Sargam Choudhary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time I used to always check blog posts within the first hours in the break of day, because I like to get information increasingly more.
    varidesk stand up desk converters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment